I saw the Helio Sequence. It was awesome. (So excited they are coming back to town in October).
Later in 2008 I had a baby and moved to the Midwest. Yeah, last night was my first concert in five years.
My husband asked if I wanted to go see Bob Log III. Who is Bob Log III? He's a one man entertainer who plays slide guitar, the drums with his feet and wears a helmet with a phone receiver coming out of it.
The funny thing about Bob Log III is that he sets up his own stage, hangs up his own merchandise and looks like a quirky yet cool high school biology teacher. I got a weird Bill Nye vibe from him.
Yet, when he puts on the suit and the helmet, he is transformed into a spectacular entertainer.
This would not be the first time I went to a Bob Log III show.
The last time I saw Bob Log III, I can't even make up what that show was about. There was a roller derby team raising money with a kissing booth. There was an elderly man with a hat that read F**K the Police that was also using a camcorder. There was a belly dancer wearing a monkey mask. Some ladies felt the need to expose their chests while Bob Log III sang a little ditty named, "Boob Scotch." I had to look away a lot during that show. So, when my husband recently asked if I wanted to see Bob Log III again, I was in no rush to say yes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BflAW-hfgYQ Bob Log III - "F-Hole Parade"
I am so glad I went.
I have to say I was nervous about getting pushed or shoved and seeing a ton of boobs. But I was wrong to assume it was going to be "that kind of show." A Bob Log III show will guarantee you a night of weird.
Here's basically everything I saw in a matter of hours. It happened so fast that I couldn't take pictures of it all.
- A sideshow act that had a woman swallow three razor blades and she fished them out with floss.
- A woman using five samurai swords as stairs.
- A man put himself through a tennis racket (without strings of course).
- Same guy had to break free from locked chains and if he didn't do it fast enough he would get tazed.
- I saw a man get tazed four times.
- A woman put a nail in her nose.
- A band that played with a cigar box guitar.
- Jimmy Fallon's messy doppelganger.
It was pretty cool.