MOURNING THE LOSS OF MY 20'S

RANDOM THOUGHTS OF 29, HOPEFULLY MY BEST YEAR EVER.

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Drive In Movie

It was a very long Saturday.

It did not pick up until about 5pm.

Dinner was made.
Chicken Enchiladas
Tummies were made happy and yet there was something missing from our day.

We needed to get out and about.

While I was picking up some summer clothes for my daughter, my husband had a brilliant idea.

Why don't we hit up the drive in?

Hmm.  The idea was simple.  Why hadn't we thought of this earlier?  The cost is low and entertainment value is high!  And.......my little is "4 & under" so she gets in for free!  We looked up show times and wouldn't you know it, they were still showing The Pirates: Band of Misfits, something my kiddo would enjoy.  I've made her plenty of pirate hats and swords, been apart of her crew and often repeated AAARRRR!

I couldn't take a real picture because it was so dark.  I had to make one so you can visualize it.
I was excited to go.  I remember the last time I went to the drive in, I was very pregnant and we went to catch some family films with the whole family (in-laws and nieces and nephews).  They always show a double feature and that night they were showing Madagascar 2 and Beverly Hills Chihuahua.  I fell asleep in the car as soon as the credits started.  There went 6.50 down the drain.

But this time was much more fun.  We sat in our little car with a little someone in my lap.  We made up a song about sitting in the front seat called, "Sitting In The Front Seat."  She really liked it.

The movie started at 8:55 (it would have been 8:30 but people were still coming in).  It was hilarious and I loved the soundtrack.  I think any movie that uses music from Flight of the Conchords is a winner.



She fell asleep by 10pm, drooled on my shirt, didn't move a muscle while putting her back in her car seat, went to bed easily.  She'll probably wonder how she got in her bed in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment