MOURNING THE LOSS OF MY 20'S

RANDOM THOUGHTS OF 29, HOPEFULLY MY BEST YEAR EVER.

Monday, April 22, 2013

Dressing the Part

http://www.wardrobeoxygen.com/2012/04/ask-allie-stylish-casual-summer-and.html

Problem #1

So after baby, my body is out of whack.

I wasn't a svelte anything before pregnancy, but after losing 20 pounds in my first trimester, I have been able to keep that off afterwards. That's cool and all but there's this large stretched out tummy area that hangs in weird places.  I know, it's gross but dressing said area is a challenge.

Problem #2

I don't want to be a frumpy mom and yet I feel frumpy all the time.  Looking at the outfit I have on now, it's most definitely a function over fashion outfit.  It's an owl t-shirt, crop jeans and black walking shoes.  The temperature today will reach 95.  So I thought, thin t-shirt and "shorts."  I have to wear walking shoes because I walk my daughter to the bus stop during the week.

When I dress up for church or hanging out with friends, I feel great and pretty.

I think the bottom line is that I have to lose more weight and learn how to drive.  Both of these things are challenges for me.  I'm lazy and I have anxiety about driving.

So knowing this - what does a post-pregnancy plus size mom wear while walking her kid to the bus stop in a sketchy neighborhood (oh yeah, I live in a sketchy neighborhood) while still looking modest?  And not frumpy?  And still be able to keep cool?

My husband is definitely a guy who chooses function over fashion.  He basically wears clothes to keep from being naked.  I don't think clothes make him "feel" anything.  Why is there a feeling attached to clothing when it comes to women?  Dumb sociological ideals I think but I still like to feel a certain way in clothing.  Then I think why dress a certain way when I know for sure I will be spit up on at least once daily?

I think I'm done ranting about clothes and body issues.

Carry on. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment