MOURNING THE LOSS OF MY 20'S

RANDOM THOUGHTS OF 29, HOPEFULLY MY BEST YEAR EVER.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

It's Official: 29 Is Here

So after reading depressing stories and other uplifting articles, I had to give myself a metaphorical kick in the butt. Just because I was gaining another year did not mean my life was over. It was a beautiful day outside, the kids weren't terrorizing the house (except for the impromptu war of peas) and there were many a phone call on my phone that I had to charge it twice today. Mechanic hubby got up early to decorate the house and played a sweet song made just for me. He also gave me a very well-thought out gift, new knives for my cooking pleasure.

While I spent the last four days with anxiety and sorrow, there were so many worse things going on outside my tiny insignificant world. It's not everyday that I get into a mood, and I'm
mad at myself for wasting so much time being upset with myself. I will "continue with patience" and take what happens with a big grin and pig tails. I got some pretty sweet gifts that truly came from the hearts of my friends and family. My day is sweet and it was sprinkled with hope that I can make this year the best.

I needed to spice up my life this week so I thought salsa would be just the thing to do it.

Easy Homemade Salsa

2 medium tomatoes
1 large jalapeño
garlic powder
cumin
onion powder
salt
a handful of cilantro

In a pot filled halfway with water, add your tomatoes and jalapeño. Set your stove to medium high heat and bring it to boil. It's done once you can smell the jalapeño or once it's tender, use a fork to test this.

Add the veggies and the rest of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. I don't know exact amounts for the seasonings, just taste and adjust. Eat with chips or if you're like me, with every meal you have.


2 comments:

  1. okay, the knives are awesome...I couldn't see the person in the pic on my cell--that's hilarious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you posted this pic on Facebook my jaw dropped to the floor. Can you get any more cool!!!???? I can't believe that I am finally reading you blog. I am lame, I know. Keep up the postings. They ALMOST make me want to cook.

    ReplyDelete