MOURNING THE LOSS OF MY 20'S

RANDOM THOUGHTS OF 29, HOPEFULLY MY BEST YEAR EVER.

Monday, January 3, 2011

The Only Constant Is Change...son of a b*tch

I don't really like the whole concept of a New Year's resolution. I guess it's the day people designate to starting fresh and I get it, new year/new life. I think it might put too much pressure on people and when their resolutions go out the window...then what? For some, they just move on with their lives and think, there's always next year.

To be honest, I fear change. It seems that once I think I've got the whole thing figured out, change comes along and takes the rug out from under me and tells me to use tile or hardwood floors. In a way though, when you're doing the daily motions of life, complacency can become an issue. Along with the changes in my life are challenges and solutions ultimately leading to growth, in all aspects of the word. It's not that I don't want to grow...I just don't want it to touch my stuff or make me do things I don't want to do, would that be so hard? Ugh...it reminds me of that book Who Moved My Cheese?

In retrospect though, I appreciate the changes in my life. If I never changed I would still be some goth kid without direction in life, without my daughter, without my wonderful in-laws, eating crappy food with an everlasting chip on my shoulder...what kind of life is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment